Oyakodon or Chicken and Egg rice bowl 親子丼
Author: Naoko Yoshioka
Recipe type: Main Dish, Chicken
- 4 cup steamed rice
- ¾ lb chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1⅔ cups soup stock (dashi)
- 7 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- Cook steamed rice. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and thinly slice onion.
- Put dashi soup stock in a pan and heat. Add soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in the soup. Put chicken in the pan and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add onion slices to the pan and simmer for a few more minutes. Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Bring the soup to a boil, and then pour the eggs over chicken and onion. Turn the heat down to low and put on a lid.
- After one minute, turn off the heat. To serve, first put steamed rice in a deep bowl, and then place the chicken and egg on top of the rice.
There you have it. Hope you enjoy this, until next time let’s cook together. 次回は一緒に作りましょう～^^/~~ PS: If you enjoy my Daily recipe subscribe to my RSS Feed and I also have available my first e-Book, which is FREE to you for coming by and reading my Cooking Japanese Style. Thank you..