Japanese Recipe called Okonomiyaki or Japanese Pizza
Author: Shannon Tomioka
Recipe type: Main Dish, Vegetable, Beef
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1¼ cup dashi soup stock or water
- 4 eggs
- 1 – 1¼ lb cabbage
- 6 tbsps chopped green onion
- ⅔ cup tenkasu (tempura flakes)
- 12 – 18 strips of thinly sliced pork or beef
- 5 cm of yam (graded into paste)
- For toppings:
- ao-nori (green seaweed)
- Okonomiyaki sauce (or tonkatsu sauce)
- sprinkle katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
- beni-shoga (red ginger)
- Get your dashi soup stock and add it in a bowl. Mix the flour in the soup stock. Rest the batter for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Chop the cabbage finely and take about ½ cup of the batter. (to make one severing of okonomiyaki) Mix chopped cabbage (about ¼ lb.), chopped green onion (about 1 tbsp.), and tempura flakes (about 2 tbsps.) in the batter.
- Make a hole in the middle of the batter and add an egg in the hole. Stir the batter. Heat an electric pan or frying pan and oil slightly. Pour the batter over the pan and make a round. Fry meat or your choice of toppings on the side.
- Cook 5-7 minutes and place meat (toppings) on top of the okonomiyaki. Flip the okonomiyaki and cook for 5-7 more minutes. Flip the okonomiyaki again and spread okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise on top. Sprinkle aonori over the sauce. Sprinkle katsuobushi (bonito flakes) and beni-shoga (red ginger) if you would like.
There you have it. Hope you enjoy this, until next time let’s cook together. 次回は一緒に作りましょう～^^/~~ PS: If you enjoy my Daily recipe subscribe to my RSS Feed and I also have available my first e-Book, which is FREE to you for coming by and reading my Cooking Japanese Style. Thank you..