Hello Everyone. The weekend has come and to start the weekend it has to rain on both days. Oh well, guess we can’t all sunny weekend sometimes. Halloween is just around the corner and since it’s not a big event here in Japan, like the US. We usually have the neighbors kids come over to experiences, some stuff that kids do in the US. As you know my hubby is from the US and he shared some of things he did when he was a child and teach the kids here the same thing. Like bobbing for apples, making Halloween treats, and telling some ghost stories. So the Question of the day is “What did you do on Halloween when you were a child?” I would love to have the kids go trick or treat in the neighborhood but I don’t think it’s going happen any time soon here. Trying to explain trick or treat to people and then I have to explain what Halloween is, will only get them more confused. lol
Well, let’s see what I got cooking in the kitchen and I hope that you have a great weekend.
- 1 Corn
- 2 Sliced Ham
- 1 Cucumber
- ⅛ Onion
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil (Olive Oil is OK)
- 2 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Mayonnaise
- The corn upright on the cutting board and chill with knife, and boil briefly.
- Cut the onion into mince, cucumber is thinly slice, and ham into 1㎝ pieces.
- Place the Corn, onion, cucumber, and ham, add the vegetable oil and white wine vinegar and mix well. Add the sugar, salt, and mayonnaise and mix. let stand cool in refrigerator.