- sushi rice, cooked with 2cup
- 2 sheet toasted “nori” (seaweed)
- vinegar add water
- omelet, cooked with 5eggs
- ☆A. Kanpyo (dried gourd strip)
- 10g dried gourd strip
- 1 cup dashi stock
- 3tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- ☆B. Shiitake mushroom
- 4 dried shiitake mushroom
- ½ cup dashi stock
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 4 whole spinach
- 4-5 tbsp denbu shredded and seasoned fish flesh.
PS: If you enjoy my Daily recipe subscribe to my RSS Feed and I also have available my first e-Book, which FREE to you for coming by and reading my Japanese Cooking Recipes. Thank you..
1. Make sushi rice, and make an omelet
2. Prepare the dried gourd strip. Rinse the dried gourd strip briefly in cold water, rub hard with salted hands and wash away the salt with cols water. Put the gourd strip and plenty of water in pot, and boil. when the gourd strip becomes soften, rinse in cold water. Put the stock, sugar and gourd strip in a pot, and simmer over a low heat for 5 min. Add the soy sauce and mirin and simmer until the liquid is almost gone, and left stand for cool.
3. Prepare the dried shiitake mushroom. Soak the dried shiitake mushroom in cold water to soften, and remove the stems. Put the stock, sugar and shiitake mushroom into a small pan and over a low heat for 5min. Add the mirin and soy sauce and simmer until the liquid is almost evaporated. When cool, and cut thinly.
4. Boil the spinach in salted water, rinse in cold water, squeeze hard to remove moisture of the pickled pokeweed.
5. Put the seaweed sheet on a “bamboo mat”(maki-su). put the sushi rice lightly out seaweed sheet, and spread over the sheet leaving 2cm at the top and bottom uncovered.
6. Put the core omelet, gourd strip, shiitake mushroom, spinach, and “denbu” above on the rice.
7. Lift the edges of both the bamboo mat and seaweed sheet hearest you and bring over to meet the for edge of the sheet.
8. Gently but firmly press the bamboo mat around the roll to shape it. Push both ends of the roll towards the center firmly a few times using a cloth moistures with vinegar-add water.
9. Cut in sixths or eighths crosswise and clean the knife with a
moistened cloth between cuttings.
There you have it. Hope you enjoy this, until next time let’s cook together. 次回は一緒に作りましょう～^^/~~